Pain Management Tips for Runners from Runners
Running - you either love it or hate it. There’s no in between. It can either be an exhilarating, dopamine-building activity or an exercise you absolutely dread.
Whether you love running or prefer another sport, pain management is as important as consistency. We spoke to a few avid runners to better understand what specific aches they are challenged with and how they manage them for optimal performance.
Here are some pains runners are challenged with:
- Knee pain: Running puts a lot of stress on joints, especially around the knee, leading to wear and tear.
- Shin splints: Running on hard surfaces (like concrete) can cause the ligaments that support the shin bone to stretch, leading to shin splints. For those of us non-runners, this is the sharp pain you can experience in your shins after jumping up and down repetitively.
- Calf pain: Running on a flat surface causes the calf muscles to work overtime, which can lead to calf pain.
- Runner’s knee: Running generates a lot of running-induced microtrauma to the joint. This microtrauma leads to inflammation and damage over time.
- Tibial Plateau Syndrome: Running too much or too fast on smooth surfaces can cause pressure on the tibia, leading to Tibial Plateau Syndrome.
Effective pain management techniques for runners:
In my experience of being a runner for over 5 years now, I can say that I have learned some crucial lessons about pain management. One thing that has always worked for me is CBD freeze gel for pain. It is a great topical treatment to deal with the pain from splints of sore muscles.
CBD freeze topical gel contains CBD and other ingredients that help reduce pain and inflammation. One of the ways that CBD freeze gel works are by reducing inflammation and swelling, significant factors that can lead to pain and discomfort. So reducing both factors can help reduce the intensity of pain you experience while running. Additionally, CBD freeze gel helps as an analgesic to reduce pain sensations. This means that you will likely feel less pain when running than you would if you were not using CBD freeze gel.
How to use CBD cream for pain relief effectively?
As long as precautions are observed, topical treatments are the best way to prevent runners' pain; however, it will depend on your personal experience and injury history.
Many runners have observed desired relief through the use of a CBD cream for pain. CBD is one of the many cannabinoids found in cannabis and has been shown to have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. This means that it can alleviate swelling and inflammation that often accompanies pain to a great extent. Additionally, CBD may work to block some pain receptors in the body's musculoskeletal system without causing any harmful effects. In short, CBD cream for pain can help relieve the intensity of pain, inflammation, and stiffness for a longer duration, making it ideal for runners or athletes.
To summarize, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to dealing with pain. One runner's method of pain management may not work for another. So, you must find what works best for you and stick with it. Nonetheless, you need to be diligent in treating your pain. If you’ve found that CBD Freeze gel for pain helps your case, then continue with a regulated use when needed and continue your laps with a rejuvenated gusto!